5.18.2012

DIY around the house...

My husband and I recently moved into a house we bought :)  It is an older home and perfect for us.  The previous homeowners either left in a hurry and left some very random things here or they just didn't care to take them with them.   Of course I was able to keep some of the random things and the other things...well I made a little cash in a yard sale!

One thing they left that I kept was a some random glass punch mugs.  I don't even own a punch bowl and was going to give them away but my lovely mom told me I should keep them saying something like "I am sure you can figure out something to make out of them".   And so I kept them and they have been sitting in my craft room...lonely.   I saw them in there yesterday and it hit me...I need to do something with these things.  I think I have around 14 of them!  So this is what I did....


First I painted the inside of the mugs... some of the mugs have different designs on them like the ones I have shown here...  some of them are simply smooth glass.


Then I used my handy-dandy super glue and glued the mugs together.  And there ya have it!  ....a glass vase!





Of course it doesn't go all the way through to the bottom because I didn't cut holes in the mugs.   So i think it is perfect for these paper flowers...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails